Monday, May 10, 2010

Mothers Day for Phoebe

Orange County, California had a special Mother's Day surprise for the world.  A tiny little hummingbird nest is captured on webcam so we can all see Momma Phoebe hover back and forth over her two little eggs.  The first hatched on May 9th, Mother's Day in the USA.  At this time we are all waiting patiently for egg number two to hatch.  You can watch Hummingbird Cam too, and we bet you will be in love with Phoebe too!  Check it out - it's mesmerizing!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! This is so wonderful!! I love hummingbirds. I recently tweeted about the Eagle Eye Cam (live bald eagle nest with one baby eagle being reared).

    Here's the link if you wish to see the eagles:
    http://www.hancockwildlife.org/index.php?topic=raptors_victoria1#new-camera

    I'm now mesmerized by the mama hummingbird tending her nestlings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi it's me again: I found another site streaming the Live Cam with lots of facts about mama bird, Phoebe, and her nest: http://phoebeallens.com/

    Just wanted to pop back and share that with you.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete